About the KHT-900 Electrode Rebake Oven – 200 lbs. Capacity
The Keen KHT-900 is an electrical, high-temperature industrial oven that is designed for rebaking flux-coated, shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) electrodes. It has a 1000 lb. storage capacity and a temperature range of Ambient-999°F (Ambient-537°C).
For welding electrodes that have been contaminated by moisture, the high temperature KHT-900 rebake oven is your answer. Highly efficient and easy to use, it is the perfect solution to restore up to 1000 lbs of moisture-contaminated shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) electrodes.
Heavy-Duty Construction Features
- Durable powder-coated steel exterior
- Welded construction
- Angled perforated shelving induces natural convection
- Heavy-duty reinforced door, door handle and explosion-proof door latches
- High-strength door gasket with 304 stainless steel knitted wire core and high-temperature fiberglass overbraid
- Pockets at oven base for easy transport by forklift
- 1 year limited manufacturer warranty
Performance Heating and Safety Features
- 4" (2.54 cm) thermal insulating wool for energy-efficiency.
- Six, long-lasting, 1000W UL®-approved Incoloy-sheathed tubular heating elements for effective heating.
- Adjustable proportional integral (PI) digital controller
- Stable, reliable loop feedback temperature control
- 3-digit LED temperature indicating display
- Handy tactile increment/decrement keys on the controller’s water-resistant front panel enable easy temperature set point adjustment
- Temperature readout in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Adjustable, thermocouple-actuated manual reset over temperature control (high limit fail safe device)
- UL® approved proportional integral (PI) digital controller
- UL® approved incoloy sheath tubular heating elements
Our angled welding rod storage shelving is purpose-built not to inhibit natural convection- a common occurrence with competing brands that utilize flat shelving for storage. The unique welded-in shelves allow the insertion of full 50 lb. tins of welding rods up to 18 inches which is a unique benefit for nuclear and aerospace welding codes that require immediate heated storage of opened tins before use.
Most electrode manufacturers discourage ‘stacking’ of electrodes too deeply while being heated to allow for better airflow over the consumable. With our shelving design, heat reaches the electrode coating more effectively to stave off atmospheric moisture. Please see diagram below of the airflow action with our shelving design:
Efficient heating design must be supported by quality insulation. The Keen KHT-900 features features thermal mineral wool insulation. It is highly thermally-efficient and is installed within the walls and door of the unit.
We have the unmatched ability to customize any of our standard ovens, and/or design one-of-a-kind ovens for unique storage requirements. Welding codes are constantly changing, and Keen is ready to meet the demands of today’s welders. Please visit our website http://www.keenovens.com for more information about our products and detailed technical information about welding consumable storage.
|Part Number||011101 (240V – 1 Phase), 011107 (240V – 3 Phase), 011102 (480V – 1 Phase), 011103 (480V – 3 Phase)|
|Oven Category||Floor – Electrode Re-Bake|
|Electrode Capacity||1000 lbs. 18” Electrodes|
|Electrode Capacity (KGS)||453.6 kgs. 45.7 cm Electrodes|
|Standard Voltages Available||240V, 480V|
|Temperature Range (°F)||Ambient - 999°F|
|Temperature Range (°C)||Ambient - 537°C|
|Thermostat||Digital Proportional Integral Temperature Control|
|Safety Feature||Manual Reset Over Temperature Control|
|Insulation||4" Mineral Wool|
|Interior Dimensions (IN)||21” D x 18” W x 36” H|
|Interior Dimensions (CM)||53.34cm D x 45.72cm W x 91.44cm H|
|Exterior Dimensions (IN)||31” L x 35” W x 47” H|
|Exterior Dimensions (CM)||78.74cm L x 88.90cm W x 119.38cm H|
|External Thermometer||Digital Temperature Display|
|Net Weight (LBS)||365 lbs.|
|Net Weight (KGS)||165.56 kgs.|
|Shipping Dimensions (IN)||41” L x 44” W x 56” H|
|Shipping Dimensions (CM)||104.14cm L x 111.76cm W x 142.24cm H|
|Shipping Weight (LBS)||500 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight (KGS)||226.80 kgs|
|Power Cord Length||10 ft.|
|“ON” Indicating Light||Yes|
|Similar Keen Ovens||KHT-500|