Keen K-900 Welding Electrode Holding Oven
About the K-900 Floor-Positioned Welding Rod Oven – 1000 lbs. Capacity
The K-900 is a large capacity floor-positioned oven that stores up to 1000 lbs. of SMAW electrodes. Our floor ovens are the preferred choice for many large manufacturing, fabrication and aerospace facilities where centralized, tight control of welding electrode quality and cost is of utmost importance. Our K-900 model maintains welding rods at ideal temperatures to prevent moisture pick-up and to optimize welds.
Heavy-Duty Construction Features
- Durable powder-coated steel exterior
- Welded construction
- Angled perforated shelving induces natural convection
- Heavy-duty reinforced door, door latches and handle
- High-strength door gasket with 304 stainless steel knitted wire core and high-temperature fiberglass overbraid
- Pockets at oven base for easy transport by forklift
- 1 year limited manufacturer warranty
Performance Heating and Safety Features
- 2″ (2.54 cm) thermal insulating wool for energy-efficiency.
- Three, long-lasting 1000W UL®-approved Incoloy-sheathed tubular heating elements for effective heating.
- Digitally-adjustable, ON/OFF microprocessor-based controller with ±1 degree accuracy
- Stable, reliable temperature control
- 4-digit LED temperature indicating display
- Handy tactile increment/decrement keys on the controller’s water-resistant front panel enable easy temperature set point adjustment
- Temperature readout in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Adjustable, thermocouple-actuated manual reset over temperature control (high limit fail safe device)
Our angled welding rod storage shelving is purpose-built not to inhibit natural convection- a common occurrence with competing brands that utilize flat shelving for storage. The unique welded-in shelves allow the insertion of full 50 lb. tins of welding rods up to 18 inches which is a unique benefit for nuclear and aerospace welding codes that require immediate heated storage of opened tins before use.
Most electrode manufacturers discourage ‘stacking’ of electrodes too deeply while being heated to allow for better airflow over the consumable. With our shelving design, heat reaches the electrode coating more effectively to stave off atmospheric moisture.Please see diagram below of the airflow action with our
Efficient heating design must be supported by quality insulation. The Keen K-900 features thermal mineral wool insulation. It is highly thermally-efficient and is installed within the walls and door of the unit.
We have the unmatched ability to customize any of our standard ovens, and/or design one-of-a-kind ovens for unique storage requirements. Welding codes are constantly changing, and Keen is ready to meet the demands of today’s welders. Please visit our website http://www.keenovens.com for more information about our products and detailed technical information about welding consumable storage.